Michael C. Daniel – Government Litigation
Mr. Daniel has represented numerous clients arising out of government related matters, including administrative actions, sanctions, forfeitures, and sanctions on professional licenses. Having served as an Assistant United States Attorney under the Reagan and Bush Administration and the Senior Judge Advocate for the Georgia Air National Guard, Mr. Daniel has a unique understanding of the processes and strategies that the Government uses in pursuing administrative actions. He regularly interacts with personnel from the United States Department of Justice, and the Georgia Office of the Attorney General.
Mr. Daniel has unique experience in representing government officials in matters where there is a conflict of interest with the official’s assigned lawyer. Mr. Daniel has represented Mayors and County Commissioners in recall actions, and Sheriff’s and County Commissioners in conflicts with the governing body.
Mr. Daniel has also represented clients in matters relating to zoning and compliance with local and State Ordinances, including compliance with environmental and labor standards.
Government matters handled by Mr. Daniel and the firm include:
- Administrative Forfeiture Actions against businesses
- Environmental Investigations and Sanctions
- Conflict representation of government officials
- Representation of government officials in recall actions
- Defending the licenses of individual before licensure regulatory boards, including but not limited to Educators, Nurses, and Physicians
- Sanctions imposed by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Sanctions proposed by Healthcare regulatory agencies
- Investigations initiated by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
MICHAEL C. DANIEL received his JD degree from the University of Georgia Law School in December of 1983. He was admitted to the Georgia Bar in 1984 and is a member of the Business Law, Health Law, Labor & Employment Law and School & College Law Labor Sections of the State Bar of Georgia.
“Michael Daniel represented me on a wrongful seizure of $940,313 of my company’s working capital by the Internal Revenue Service. He was able to get an expedited hearing before the Federal Court and obtain the return of all but $50,000.00 of the proceeds. His skill and expertise was critical in saving my business.” — Andrew Clyde, CEO at Clyde Armory, Inc., Athens, Georgia
“Having the choice of any attorney in Athens, I chose Michael Daniel.” — Nancy Denson, Mayor of Athens