Michael C. Daniel
Business Succession Planning
A key component of an estate plan for business owners involves business succession. The best plans depend on working as a team to find answers to the following questions:
- How much cash will you need to meet your retirement needs?
- How much is your business worth?
- How can you maximize the income stream generated by the sale of your ownership interest?
- How do you sell your business to a third party and pay the least possible taxes?
- How do you transfer your business to family members, co-owners, or employees while paying the least possible taxes and ensuring maximum financial security?
- How do you ensure continuity in business operations if the unexpected happens to you?
- How do you secure financial independence for your family if the unexpected happens to you?
We work with business owners to find answers to these questions and to develop an optimal plan that works for you.
Contact Attorney Michael Daniel About Business & Corporate Law
MICHAEL C. DANIEL received his JD Degree from the University of Georgia Law School in December of 1983. He was admitted to the Georgia Bar in 1984 and is a member of the Business Law, Health Law, Labor & Employment Law and School & College Law Labor Sections of the State Bar of Georgia.
Martindale-Hubbell® designates Mr. Daniel as an AV Preeminent Attorney– the highest rating an attorney can receive. He has received an Avvo Rating of Superb with the highest rating in business litigation. He has been recognized by numerous other rating services, including the National Association of Distinguished Counsel as an Attorney in the top 1% of the nation.
Mr. Daniel has served on various prestigious boards during his career, including the Georgia Technical College Board, the Athens Chamber of Commerce Board, the Board of Directors for Athens Regional Health Plan Select, and the Board of Trustees for the Professional Association of Georgia Educators.
“Michael Daniel represented me on a wrongful seizure of $940,313 of my company’s working capital by the Internal Revenue Service. He was able to get an expedited hearing before the Federal Court and obtain the return of all but $50,000.00 of the proceeds. His skill and expertise was critical in saving my business.” — Andrew Clyde, CEO at Clyde Armory, Inc., Athens, Georgia
I consider Michael Daniel “…one of the most talented business attorneys in Northeast Georgia…” — J. Drew, CEO (Retired), Athens Regional Health Services
“Having the choice of any attorney in Athens, I chose Michael Daniel.” — Nancy Denson, Mayor of Athens